Mini beef patties
- 500 g medium fat beef mince
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 10 g fresh ginger, peeled and finely grated
- ¼ red onion, finely chopped
- ¼ red and green pepper, finely diced
- 60 ml grated carrots
- 30 ml parsley, roughly chopped
- 30 ml low-sodium soya sauce (Kikkoman)
- 45 ml canola oil
To make the sliders
- 12 mini slider buns, halved and toasted
- 45 g butter, softened
- A handful of lettuce leaves
- ½ cucumber, rinsed and thinly sliced
- A handful of cherry tomatoes
- A handful of carrot sticks,
- Cheddar cheese blocks
- 1 whole white flesh peach
- Yoghurt of your choice
- Place the mincemeat in a large bowl along with garlic, ginger, onion, peppers, carrots, parsley and soy sauce.
- Mix well by hand. Scoop 3 spoonful’s of the mixture into the palm of your hand, to form a ball. Flatten the balls slightly to create beef patties.
- Heat a dash of the oil in a non-stick pan until hot and cook the beef patties for 3-4 minutes on the one side, flip and cook for another 2 minutes on the other side, until cooked through. Transfer onto a clean plate and set aside. Add more oil to the hot pan and continue to cook the patties until done.
- To make the slider smear each halved bun with butter and toast for 3 minutes. The toasting is optional but great to do if you have the time.
- Now to assemble the burger, place the lettuce and cucumber onto one of the toasted sides of each bun, adding the sliced tomatoes and beef patty. Secure with a wooden stick and place in the lunch box.
- In another lunchbox compartment, place a handful of carrot sticks, mini baby cucumbers. A handful of carrot sticks, cheddar cheese blocks and a whole white flesh peach, along with some yoghurt of your choice and water.