- 6 raw beetroot, thoroughly washed
- 2 x 140 g goat’s milk cheese logs
- 100 g pistachio nuts, finely chopped
- 100 g watercress, stems removed
- 2 sticks celery, sliced
- handful of celery leaves, to garnish
- 30 ml naartjie, mandarin or tangerine juice
- 30 ml lemon juice
- 5 ml whole-grain mustard
- 30 ml olive oil
- honey, to taste
- Slice the raw beetroot thinly, using a mandolin.
- Cut the goat’s cheese logs into thick slices, shape them into rounds and roll them in the chopped pistachio nuts.
- Arrange the watercress and beetroot, celery and goat’s cheese slices on a platter.
- To make the dressing: Mix the ingredients together and drizzle the dressing over the salad before garnishing with the celery leaves.