- 2 wraps or chapatis
- 15 ml canola oil
- 6 large eggs
- 10 g fresh thyme, stems removed and chopped
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 35 g (½ cup) spinach leaves, stems removed and sliced
- 35 g (½ cup) shredded red cabbage
- 35 g (½ cup) julienned carrots
- 60 g (½ cup) mature Cheddar cheese, grated
- Chili oil (see Chef’s Tip) – 3 red chillies, a pinch of salt and 30 ml (2 tablespoons) olive oil
- Heat a non-stick saucepan over medium heat. Cook the wrap or chapati for 30 seconds on each side until warm and set aside on a plate. The pan and the plate should be roughly the same size.
- In the same saucepan, heat half the oil and swirl it around. Crack the eggs in a jug, then add chopped thyme, and season with salt and pepper. Whisk vigorously until the mixture is well combined.
- Pour half of the egg mixture into the saucepan. Swirl the pan so the egg covers the pan’s surface. Top with half of the veggies, and finally the grated cheese. Lower the heat and cover the pan, cooking for a further 3 minutes until the cheese melts and the egg is cooked.
- Remove from the heat and place the layered egg, veggies and cheese on one wrap or chapatti. Allow to cool. Meanwhile, continue making another egg, veggie and cheese omelette with the remaining ingredients and allow to cool.
- Roll the cooled chapatti and omelette as tightly as possible. Cut off any overlaying omelette to neaten the chapatti. Now slice each roll into four pieces – also cutting off the edges. Place on a serving plate with the chili oil. Serve warm and enjoy!