- 100 g squid ink pasta
- Pinch of salt
- Oil for drizzling
- 30 ml olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 5 ml freshly grated ginger
- 200 g shrimp with tails still attached
- Juice of ¼ lemon
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 125 ml thick mayonnaise
- 20 ml sriracha sauce
- 15 ml lemon juice
- 15 ml tomato sauce
- 4 cos lettuce leaves, roughly torn
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Cook the pasta for 12 minutes in a large saucepan in enough boiling salted water or according to package instruction until the pasta is al dente. Drain off the water and drizzle the pasta with oil and allow to cool down.
- To make the shrimp: In a large saucepan, heat the oil and sauté the garlic and ginger for a minute. Add the shrimp and cook for 2 minutes until just cooked. Remove the pan from the heat and let the residual heat continue cooking the shrimp.
- Drizzle the shrimp with lemon juice and season with sea salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix the mayonnaise with the sriracha sauce, lemon juice and tomato sauce. Season.
- To serve: Arrange equal amounts of the pasta in cocktail glasses. Top with lettuce, slices of avo, cooked shrimp and a dollop of the sriracha mayonnaise.