- 500 g (1 packet) of white and wild red quinoa
- 825 ml water
- 2 ml salt
- 2−4 large eggs
- 15 ml olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 100 g sugar snaps
- 150 g asparagus tips
- 2 baby cucumbers, sliced into ribbons
- 6 red radishes, thinly sliced
- 400 g wild rocket, rinsed
- 30 g pomegranate rubies
- 80 ml olive oil
- 60 ml lemon juice
- 15 ml honey, to taste
- 30 ml fresh parsley, chopped
- 5 ml fresh thyme, picked off the stem, chopped
- Pinch of sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- To make the quinoa: Place the quinoa in saucepan. Add the water and a pinch of salt. Bring to the boil and simmer with the lid slightly opened. Cook for 10 minutes until the water has evaporated and the quinoa is almost cooked.
- Close the lid well. Reduce the heat and cook for a further 5 minutes. This helps you achieve a light and fluffy quinoa with a bite to it. Tip into a serving platter and cool.
- In a separate saucepan, cover the eggs with cold water and bring to the boil. Simmer for 7−12 minutes until soft or medium, depending on your preference. Place in ice-cold water for 10 minutes, then gently peel. Cut in half.
- To make and assemble the salad: Heat the oil and sauté the garlic for 30 seconds until fragrant. Add the sugar snaps and asparagus tips, toss for 5 minutes, and tip on to the quinoa. Add the cucumber ribbons, sliced radishes, rocket and gently toss. Sprinkle with pomegranate rubies and gently toss. Top with the halved eggs.
- To make the dressing: Mix the dressing ingredients together and shake until well combined. Drizzle over the salad and enjoy!