- 1 large cucumber, cut into spears
- 90 ml rice vinegar
- 5 ml soy sauce
- juice of ½ naartjie, mandarin or tangerine
- 30 ml sugar
- 5 ml black sesame seeds
- Italian parsley
- 1 purple spring onion, finely cut into strips
- Place the cucumber spears on a shallow serving dish.
- To make the marinade: Mix all the ingredients together, pour it over the cucumber, then cover and leave to marinate for at least 15 minutes in the fridge.
- Sprinkle with the black sesame seeds, Italian parsley and spring onion strips before serving.