- 3 large, ripe and fresh tomatoes, sliced
- 200 g mixed cherry tomatoes, halved, quartered and some sliced
- 500 g bocconcini cheese, water drained
- 30 g fresh basil, plus extra for garnish
- 60 ml olive oil
- 45 ml apple cider vinegar
- 5 ml capers, chopped finely
- 5 ml fresh parsley, chopped
- 5 ml fresh basil, chopped
- 5 ml honey
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- To make the caprese salad: Arrange the tomato slices and basil leaves in the centre of the plate, alternating with cherry tomatoes and the bocconcini balls.
- To make the dressing: Mix the dressing ingredients and drizzle over the caprese just before serving.